Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health care consulting firm based in Vienna, Virginia, in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment policies on health care providers using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies in order to aid in the development of future payment systems. The work of our principals has influenced numerous public policy decisions, and is reflected in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies in support of value-based purchasing. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses, using public and private-sector data, are objective and rigorous.
We are seeking candidates with related experience to fill a Research Analyst position in a demanding, and fast-paced work environment.
Candidates must possess strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication, organizational, and multitasking skills, pay great attention to detail, and be flexible.
Key responsibilities for the Research Analyst position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Summarizing study findings in reports and presentations
- Assisting with database manipulation, construction, and simulation modeling
- Assisting with the design and administration of stakeholder interview protocols and doing survey instruments
- Summarizing stakeholder interviews and client meetings
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using PubMed/Medline and other electronic databases and synthesizing findings
- Participating in team and client project meetings
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals
The ideal candidate will possess working knowledge and experience with Medicare, Medicaid, or other public health programs. Preference will be given to those familiar with CMS payment regulation for Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) for acute care hospitals, long term care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and home health agencies.
A Master’s Degree and a minimum of two to three years of progressively responsible work experience in health care research, health policy analysis, and/or public sector consulting is required.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new content knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise, and coherent manner
- Experience with complex database construction and analysis using statistical programs such as SAS, STATA, R, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively across multiple projects
- Flexible/adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. The company provides lunch every day on site, a fully stocked kitchen, free parking, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.