Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health care consulting firm based in Vienna, Virginia, in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The work of our principals has influenced numerous public policy decisions, and appears in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies in support of value-based purchasing. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective. We make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment polices on health care providers using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies in order to aid in the development of future payment systems. We are seeking candidates with related experience to fill a Data Associate (SAS Programmer) position in a demanding, small, and fast-paced work environment.
Key responsibilities for the Data Associate (SAS Programmer) position include, but are not limited to:
- Mining large datasets, primarily medical claims, to extract analytic working files using SAS and SQL
- Conducting analysis on working file in coordination with project teams
- Assisting with database manipulation, construction, and simulation modeling
- Participating in team and client project meetings
- Assisting with preparation of proposals to include technical programming content
- Managing time effectively across multiple projects
The ideal candidate will possess working knowledge and experience with claims data for Medicare, Medicaid, or other public health programs of the agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and/or familiarity with CMS payment regulation for Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) for acute care hospitals, long term care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, home health agencies, and ambulatory surgery centers.
Proficiency and at least five years of experience with SAS and SQL is necessary. Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is also required. Experience with statistical software such as STATA or SPSS is welcome.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Experience with large federal data-intensive projects
- Experience with complex claims file database construction and analysis using SAS and SQL
- Experience with technical writing primarily on the methods and findings from data analyses
- Basic knowledge of statistics and significance measures
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible/adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
A Master’s Degree, SAS Certification, and work experience in health care research, health policy analysis, and/or public-sector consulting is also desired.
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance and a retirement plan with company match. The company features free lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.