Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a small health economics and policy consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The work of our principals has influenced numerous public policy decisions and appears in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies in support of value-based purchasing. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective, and we make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment polices on health care providers using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies applied to Medicare claims data. Much of our work centers around helping clients be successful when participating in new Medicare payment models. We are seeking candidates with expertise in SAS programming and related experience to fill a Data Associate position in a demanding, small, and fast-paced work environment.
Key responsibilities for the Data Associate position include, but are not limited to:
- Mining large datasets, primarily medical claims, to construct analytic files using SAS and SQL
- Writing SAS programs and/or modifying existing SAS programs to conduct analysis on analytic files in coordination with project teams
- Efficiently managing SAS programs and data
- Developing an understanding of Medicare claims data and related Medicare payment policies
- Managing time effectively across multiple projects to meet all timelines
The ideal candidate will possess SAS programming expertise, experience in SQL, working knowledge and experience with claims data for Medicare, Medicaid, or other public health programs of the agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, (HHS) and/or familiarity with CMS payment regulation.
Proficiency and at least five years of experience as a SAS programmer is required and experience using SQL is desirable. Experience Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is also required. Experience with statistical software such as SAS, STATA or SPSS is desirable.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Experience with large federal data-intensive projects
- Experience in converting data in a variety of different formats into SAS
- Experience with technical writing primarily on the methods and findings from data analyses
- Basic knowledge of statistics and significance measures
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible/adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
A Master’s Degree, SAS Certification, and work experience in health services research, health policy analysis, and/or public-sector consulting is also desired.
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance and a retirement plan with company match. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, all Dobson | DaVanzo employees work remotely. For employees who choose to return to working in the office (one or more days a week) after the pandemic, the company features free lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please also include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.