Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health economics consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment policies using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies in order to assist clients as they seek to understand new and evolving payment systems. Our research helps our clients evaluate, and refine current payment systems, and develop new payment models. Our innovative research techniques, subject matter expertise, and experience working with policymakers and stakeholder combine to meet our client information needs to reform payment systems and support advocacy.
We are seeking candidates to fill an Associate position in a demanding, and fast-paced work environment. Candidates must possess strong critical thinking, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must be able to multitask, and to pay great attention to detail.
Key responsibilities for the Associate position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of analytic plans for projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews and synthesizing findings
- Designing survey instruments and supporting survey implementation
- Manipulating large databases and undertaking analysis using statistical software
- Summarizing quantitative and qualitative findings for reports and presentations
- Interacting with clients and supporting project teams
- Assisting with the preparation of technical proposals
A Master’s Degree and a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible work experience in health care research, policy analysis, and/or health care consulting is required. The ideal candidates will possess working knowledge and experience with Medicare, Medicaid, or other public health programs, and familiarity with CMS PPS policies and programs. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is also required. Experience with statistical software such as SAS, STATA, or R is desirable.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new content knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear, coherent, and concise manner
- Experience preparing programming specifications, and summarizing methodologies and analytic findings,
- Experience manipulating large databases using Excel and statistical software
- Experience undertaking multivariate analysis desirable
- Able to quickly adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening and communication skills
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. The company features free lunch every day, a fully stocked kitchen, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.