Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health economics and policy consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The work of our principals has influenced the design of demonstrations and many public policy decisions, and appears in numerous instances in legislation and regulation. Our litigation support efforts have helped courts, plaintiffs, and defendants understand the economic value of various health care issues.
Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement and evaluate equitable payment methodologies. We are at the forefront of using administrative data sets to explore payment bundling and other CMS initiatives. We apply decades of experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective, and make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
We have provided testimony to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC), U.S. Treasury, as well as members of Congress, State legislatures and numerous stakeholder groups. Dobson | DaVanzo also routinely facilitates group discussions concerning policy development with organizational leadership, and Boards of Directors. We also provide technical briefings on study results to a wide range of policymakers such as state legislators, congressional staff and members, MedPAC, CMS, and White House staff in the Executive Office of Management and Budget (EOMB).
The firm consists of sixteen seasoned consultants:
- Allen Dobson, Ph.D., President
- Joan DaVanzo, Ph.D., M.S.W., Chief Executive Officer
- Steven Heath, M.P.A., Senior Data Manager
- Randall Haught, Senior Data Manager
- Phap-Hoa Luu, M.B.A., Research Analyst
- Sarmistha Pal, Ph.D., Scientist
- Roger Hasselbrink, Data Associate
- Kennan Murray, M.P.H., Senior Associate
- Sung Kim, Data Associate
- Alex Hartzman, M.P.A., M.P.H., Senior Manager
- Kimberly Rhodes, M.A., Associate
- Jichuan Hu, M.P.H. Data Analyst
- Luis Arzaluz, M.S., Associate
- Peter Gruhn, M.A, Senior Associate
- Jessica Greene, M.P.H., Research Analyst
- Komi Mati, Ph.D., M.P.H., C.P.H., Scientist, Statistician
Dobson | DaVanzo is a dog-friendly office.